Xiaomi launched a brand new flagship smartphone called POCO F1 today, on August 22 in India. The POCO F1 comes with a bigger battery, liquid cooling technology, latest flagship processor, three device variants at an affordable price tag, some added features, and brand new MIUI for POCO custom ROM with POCO Launcher as well. The new MIUI for POCO is featured with the Turbocharged engine for faster startup, new app drawer with customizations and design, and faster updates with latest security patch upgrades than the regular MIUI version.
[su_posts template=”templates/teaser-loop.php” id=”5049″ posts_per_page=”1″ order=”desc” ignore_sticky_posts=”yes”]
Xiaomi POCO F1 – Specifications:
- A 6.18-inch Full HD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla glass protection
- An octa-core 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 AIE SoC
- Adreno 630 GPU up to 710MHz
- 6GB and 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM (dual channel memory)
- 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB of internal storage variants (UFS 2.1)
- 256GB of expandable storage via MicroSD card (Hybrid slot)
- 4G+ VoLTE dual nano-SIM supported (single 4G standby)
- A dual Rear camera of 12MP primary Sony IMX363 sensor with f/1.9 aperture lens, 1.4µm large pixel, dual-pixel autofocus with LED
- Secondary 5MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture lens, 1.12µm pixel
- Supports Portrait, HDR, dual-pixel autofocus, EIS, Face Recognition, AI Beauty, Low light, AI Dirt detection etc.
- The front has a single 20MP selfie camera (Super Pixel Technology)
- Front camera features AI portrait, Face Recognition, Beautify etc.
- 4K video recording up to @30fps
- 1080P slow motion video @240fps
- Infrared Light sensor Face Unlock
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Display, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Bigger 4,000mAh battery with Qualcomm QC 3.0 support
- USB Type-C port
- A 3.5mm audio jack
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with new MIUI for POCO custom ROM
- Does have Proximity, Gyroscope, E-Compass, Ambient Light, rear-mounted Fingerprint sensor, Vibration Motor, and Hall sensor.
- Measures 155.5mm×75.2mm×8.8mm and Weigh 182 grams
- Available in Graphite Black, Steel Blue, Rosso Red color options
- Additionally the POCO F1 Armoured Edition available with a Kevlar back panel – scratch and water resistant (imported from the USA).
Xiaomi POCO F1 – Features:
- Liquid Cooling Technology for longer performance
- Supports audio codec of AAC/aptX/aptX-HD/LDAC (Dirac HD sound)
- The display comes with a 500nits of brightness for better outdoor visibility with 1500:1 contrast ratio, and 84% NTSC color gamut
- Android 9.0 Pie update in Q4 2018
- MIUI for POCO features faster app startup, Turbocharging technology, redesigned UI, and Faster Android upgrades with the security patch
- POCO Launcher – comes with a new app drawer, category customizations, search bar, recent apps, hide apps, etc. features
MIUI For POCO – Details:
The new POCO F1 comes with a new version of MIUI – called ‘MIUI for POCO’. Basically, it has the new redesigned UI with POCO Launcher. This launcher features the app drawer, Google search bar, categorized apps and games with color option, hide apps, recently used apps, third-party icon packs etc. Additionally, it features the Turbocharged engine technology for faster application startups, foreground tasks, and faster Android updates with the latest security patch upgrades also. The company claimed that the POCO F1 will get Android P update soon in Q4 2018 and the regular updates will also be available faster than the regular MIUI.
Today Xiaomi also announced that they will release the POCO F1 device Kernel Source Code officially on Github within this month. The POCO Launcher Beta version will also be available on Google Play Store on August 29 officially. It can be used on other Xiaomi devices as a UI launcher. This smartphone also has to be unlocked the bootloader to flash any file and it will not void the device warranty.
POCO F1 Price and Availability in India
Xiaomi announced that the POCO F1 is a Made in India product by Mi and the sub-brand called ‘POCO’ or ‘POCOPHONE’ manages to come with a very respectable price tag in India. In compared to other same kinds of flagship smartphones, the Xiaomi introduces the POCO F1 at an affordable price tag starts from Rs.20,999 onwards. All the four variants priced –
- 6GB RAM + 64GB Storage – Rs. 20,999
- 6GB RAM + 128GB Storage – Rs. 23,999
- 8GB RAM + 256GB Storage – Rs. 28,999
- (Armoured Edition) – 8GB RAM + 256GB Storage – Rs. 29,999
All the device models will be available for sale from August 29 at 12:00 PM via Mi.com and Flipkart. The company will also launch this device in HongKong, Jakarta, and Paris countries on August 27, 2018.