Fallout 76 is an open-world game that supports the first multiplayer mode. The game successfully sold 1.4 million copies, Bethesda developed the game using a modified version of the Creation Engine.
Fallout 76 is available on platforms across on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Besides this, Fallout 76 is Bethesda Game Studio’s first online multiplayer game. If want to play Fallout 76 on Linux OS, this post is for you.
We’ve successfully managed to provide you simple guide and steps to Play Fallout 76 on Linux. Without wasting much of your time, let’s get started.
Steps to Install Fallout 76 on Linux
You can only run Fallout 76 on Steam client making available on Linux. Just start by opening up a terminal window by following command-line installation instructions given below, to install the Steam client on Linux.
- Run Apt command is given below:
sudo apt install steam
- For Debian users, you need to enable a “non-free” repo to get a Steam client with the “apt-get” command. You can also, download it from the Steam website easily.
- To download the Steam DEB package, get wget command mentioned below:
- Now, use dpkg command to begin the installation of Steam.
sudo dpkg -i steam.deb
For Arch Linux
- Just follow the pacman command to get the Steam client.
sudo pacman -S steam
For Flatpak / Fedora / OpenSUSE
- To get Steam client, just install Flatpak runtime on your Linux PC, this is also applicable for Fedora and OpenSUSE.
- Once, you’ve finished with Flatpak runtime, use the flatpack remote-add command to add the Flathub app store on Linux.
flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
- Now, use the flatpack install command to set up Steam.
flatpak install flathub com.valvesoftware.Steam
How to Play Fallout 76 on Linux
After installing Steam client on your Linux, just follow the step by step guide to playing Fallout 76.
- Visit the Steam menu, and go to Settings and select Steam Play.
- Now Enable the Steam Play for all other titles on Linux.
- Open the terminal window, and type the following command to install Proton Glorious Eggroll.
- If you installed Steam through Apt, Pacman, etc., run:
mkdir -p ~/.steam/root/compatibilitytools.d/ tar xvf Proton-5.9-GE-6-ST.tar.gz -C ~/.steam/root/compatibilitytools.d/
- If you installed Steam via Flatpak, run:
mkdir -p ~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/data/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/ tar xvf Proton-5.9-GE-6-ST.tar.gz -C ~/.var/app/com.valvesoftware.Steam/data/Steam/compatibilitytools.d/
- Reopen the Steam app and Steam Play from Settings. Now, find “Run other titles with” and set “Proton-5.9-GE-6-ST.” and click on OK.
- Visit Store and search Fallout 76
- Now, click on the “Add to cart” button, and click on Library
- Click on the Install button
- Once, the game is installed, click on the Play button to play Fallout 76
Finally, you can play Fallout 76 on your Linux Os. Happy gaming!
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group below for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.