Asus made an another ROG Gaming device but this time it is a gaming smartphone called Asus ROG Gaming Smartphone. In Computex 2018, Asus has been released officially their new gaming-focused smartphone (model – ROG Phone ZS600KL). We already heard about the ROG gaming smartphone from Asus earlier. It has World’s first 3D vapor cooling chamber to get rid of the extra heat while hardcore gaming.
The hardware contains the Latest powerful and overclocked 2.96GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU. Asus especially made this device along with Qualcomm to perform best out of it than other Snapdragon 845 chip-enabled (2.8Ghz normally) handsets. The ultrasonic AirTrigger touch sensors are optimized for gaming mode. The side-mounted landscape mode ports, HDR AMOLED FHD+ display with 90Hz screen refresh rate, and a 1ms response time are also on the list. This device definitely competes with the Xiaomi blackShark and Razer Gaming Smartphone in compared to hardware specifications and software optimizations.
Asus ROG Gaming Smartphone Specifications
- 6-inch AMOLED Full HD+ 18:9 aspect ratio display with the resolution of 2160 × 1080 pixels. 550nits brightness, HDR, 108.6% DCIP3 and 10,000:1 contrast ratio with Bluelight filter.
- 10-points multi-touch display (Super smooth Gloves touch), always on screen.
- 2.96GHz specially-binned Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC with Adreno 630 GPU.
- LPDDR4X RAM – 8GB.
- UFS2.1 of 128GB/512GB Storage option. 100GB Google Drive Space for 1 year.
- 12MP + 8MP of dual rear camera with 83° and 120° of wide angle. Sony IMX363 dual-pixel image sensor, f/1.8, 1.4µm pixel, 4-axis, 4-OIS support, 0.03 seconds autofocus, AI features, PixelMaster camera modes.
- Front 8MP single camera, f/2.0, 84° field-of-view, PixelMaster camera modes, AI-Selfie, Portrait modes.
- 4K UHD video recording with rear camera @30/60fps up to 3840 × 2160 pixels. 1080p FHD videos @30/60fps with slow motion videos up to 120fps. 3-axis EIS support for rear cameras. 720p videos @30fps and slo-mo videos up to 240fps.
- Live ZeniMoji Emoji feature in video recording.
- Dual front-firing speakers, the 5-magnet speaker with dual NXP 9874 smart amplifier.
- Hi-Res audio 192kHz/24-bit standard audio output quality without distortion.
- DTS (Digital Theater System) Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone.
- Triple internal microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology.
- (2.4GHz/5.0GHz) WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, WLAN 802.11ad 60GHz, Wi-Fi direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, NFC, dual 4G SIM, not a hybrid slot.
- Side-mounted 3.5mm audio jack, USB-C port for seamless gaming.
- Water Resistance certified.
- Dedicated Rear Fingerprint sensor (supports up to 5 fingerprints), Face recognition, Accelerator, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Ultrasonic sensor for AirTriggers and grip press etc.
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery with QC4.0 fast charging support. AI and scheduled charging for battery protection. 10V-3A supports up to 30W direct charging adapter.
- Runs on Android Oreo 8.1 with ROG Gaming X mode UI out of the box.
- Aura RGB LED supported back panel with customizable color options.
- 3D Vapor cooling chamber module (48pin connector). Contains 1 × USB 3.0 Type-C port and a 3.5mm audio jack.
- It weighs around 200 grams with 158.83mm × 76.16mm × 8.65mm dimensions.
- Black Color with glass finish at back.
The VP of Qualcomm, Don McGuire, mentioned the partnership with Asus ROG.
He said, “Our completely re-architected SDM845 chip is highly optimized for gaming and Adreno 630 GPU is designed for speed, minimized the heating issue and enhanced the battery efficiency for longer gameplay.”
It supports the wireless Gigabit speed over the LTE and Wi-Fi 802.11 ac connectivity for the smoother experience. The Asus ROG Gaming Smartphone scored 3,04,183 in AnTuTu Benchmark test, which is great enough as a gaming smartphone. The Asphalt 8, PUBG etc games are optimized specially for longer gameplay. The FHD+ HDR AMOLED display with 90Hz screen refresh rate runs smoothly with Asus ROG gaming UI along with Android 8.1 Oreo. The 8GB RAM is enough for flagship smartphones right now. The Asus ROG Gaming Smartphone doesn’t have the MicroSD card slot but it has inbuilt 128GB/512GB storage option along with 100GB of Google Drive space for 1 year.
The battery is capable of getting up to 60% in 33 minutes of charging. The handset weighs around 200 grams, which is a heavier side still, it will value for money product as per initial impression. The device comes with the optional dual-screen dock module for gaming and multitasking as well. The mobile-desktop dock and wireless controller adapter with WiGig Dock using 60GHz over the Wi-Fi connection are the extra features for bigger display experience. The Aura Sync and Aura RGB LED lighting are exceptional just like the Nubia Red Magic Gaming Smartphone. Asus also uses HyperCharge technology for direct charging.