Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is always been a part of a huge Battle Royale games community, I’m sure you are one of them whose COD Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer is not does not support a multiplayer. In this article, we will provide you a detailed guide that how to fix the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Not Working issue.
Recently, there’s been a leak of Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is now available to download and play only on PlayStation 4. The leaks have some concerns that the No Russian mission wouldn’t be included. However, multiplayer was not a part of the package, but still only a single-player campaign available.
According to the sources, some worried fans had expressed concerns about that No Russian mission was excluded from Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, some fans were more than upset that multiplayer mode has been omitted from the game.
So Why Multiplayer is necessary?
If you search about the Modern Warfare 2 remastered multiplayer there are a number of requests of players across the globe complaining about the game that does not support multiplayer.
It’s shocking that within 24 hours of its release on November 10, 2009, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 had sold 4.7 million copies and by March 12, 2010, it had sold more than 14 million copies.
The players actually craving for multiplayer mode, well this seems that this game has not loosed the fans yet. Well, according to my personal opinion the game brings players together in getting more fun gaming experience.
Besides this game have a great story than before, Modern Warefare 2 has great reviews with a great campaign, weapons that make gamers still be enthusiastic. That’s why it makes the fact that the multiplayer mode has to be necessary for all online games.
Fix Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Not Working
Well, there are two ways to fix this game, let’s get started.
- Start the application, it shows the splash screen then it displays in black, and nothing happens, the application surely hangs. Then press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open up the Task Manager -> End Task iw4mp.exe which does not respond.
- Start the application again and choose the option for Safe Mode then go back up to 2.
- After this remove the game from the steam and re-download it, or restore it from backup.
- Go to Steam -> Select “Backup game files” for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and multiplayer (where you have to select both titles in the backup list) -> Then Delete local content for both single and multiplayer.
- Next, locate your steam common folder like C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ (In your case, the installed drive location can be different).
- There you can see a folder called “call of duty modern warfare 2”. (You may wish to move the folder to another location like on your desktop)
- Next, restore Modern Warfare 2 from the backup file you made earlier -> Restart the PC and game to get newly available updates.
- Once done, make sure to re-sync the game.
- Finally, start your much-awaited multiplayer game normally. You will get the message like “completing installation”.
- Simply retry it and the game will allow you to set key bindings, etc.
This way your Call of duty Modern warfare 2 will run in single-player mode as well as multiplayer mode.
If the above method, doesn’t work for you, then there is another way to run Modern Warfare 2 in multiplayer mode. Take a look.
- This time you don’t have to re-install the game.
- Launch the Steam client -> Click on Steam from the top-left corner.
- Now, click on ‘Go Offline’.
- Then select ‘Restart in Offline Mode’.
- Once the Steam rebooted, make sure to unplug your ethernet cable or turn off Wi-Fi on your PC.
- DO NOT CLOSE the Steam client. (That’s important)
- Start the MW2 game either in multiplayer or single-player mode.
- Plug back your ethernet cable or turn on the Wi-Fi to access online service again.
- Click on Steam from the top-left corner again and select ‘Go Online’.
- If prompted, confirm online mode and restart your Steam client again.
This is the simplest way to work Modern Warfare 2 in multiplayer mode properly. That’s it, for now. We think that you’ve found this easy guide very helpful. For more, you can comment below.