Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is one of the popular budget all-rounder Android devices from Xiaomi brand. It’s a successor of the Redmi Note 4 device where ‘Pro’ stands for more powerful hardware and features. As the handset runs on Android 8 Oreo-based on MIUI 9 out-of-the-box and comes with so many integrated features or themes. But if you’re an advanced user and want to flash an Android Pie based Custom ROM, here is the guide on how to download and install Havoc OS on Redmi Note 5 Pro based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Currently, the Note 5 Pro runs on MIUI 10 Global Stable and will soon get the Android Pie update officially. But before going to the flashing requirements and process, you should check out the Havoc OS features and other details.
Havoc OS v2.4 Official Build Features
Havoc OS is based on AOSP and inspired by Google Pixel ROM. It has a redesigned material theme-based UI with so many extra features and customizations which you won’t find in any other ROMs. It brings system stability and performance-based user experience with every official stable build. Some of the key features pointed below.
- Status Bar
- Quick Settings
- Ambient Display
- Navigation bar
- Lock screen
- IME Settings
- Battery Saving
Havoc OS v2.4 Pie ROM Details:
- ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
- ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
- Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader & Official TWRP Recovery
- Based On: Havoc OS AOSP
- Status: Stable
- Created: 2018-10-13
- Last Updated: 2019-04-09
Havoc OS v2.4 Official Stable Build [15.04.19] Android Pie: Changelogs
- Added systemwide adaptive icon setting
- Added mobile data tile icon from Oxygen OS (OnePlus devices only)
- Fixed proximity sensor issues in Dialer
- Fixed partial screenshot
- Music ticker on AOD fixed
- Fixed multiuser icon glitch in QS footer
- Fixed system crash when encrypting from settings
- Merged April security patches
- Added media cover art filters
- Added Browser
- Improved gaming mode tile
Now let’s talk about how to download and install Havoc OS on Redmi Note 5 Pro based on Android 9 Pie.
- This guide and files are only for Redmi Note 5 Pro. Don’t try to flash these files on any other device.
- Required a USB cable and a computer to unlock the device bootloader.
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked at first.
- Download ADB Fastboot Tool and extract it on your PC/Laptop and install it.
- Take a full backup of your device before starting the installation process.
- Keep your device battery charged at least 60%-70% for a smoother flashing process.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Developer options via device Settings.
- Download twrp.img file for Redmi Note 5 Pro and copy it on your device.
- Install TWRP Recovery on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging and Unlock the Bootloader on your device.
- After installing TWRP, you can root your device. (Optional)
Disclaimer! Do it at your own risk. Gadget Headline will not be responsible for any kind of damage or error occurs to your device during following the process. It’s recommended to follow the step-by-step method provided below.
Links to Download:
Steps to Install Havoc OS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Device:
- Download the ROM and GApps from the links given above.
- Now, boot your device into TWRP Recovery > go to Wipe option.
- Select System, Data, Dalvik, Cache and swipe to confirm wipe.
- Now, go to Install option and search for the downloaded ROM file.
- Flash the Havoc OS ROM and Open GApps file.
- Then reboot your handset and wait for the system to boot for the first time after flashing a new ROM. (Please be patient and wait for at least 10-15 minutes)