Poco F1 is one of the popular and most selling budget flagship killer Android device by Xiaomi in India. It comes with so many flagship-grade features and specifications out-of-the-box. The device runs on Xiaomi’s MIUI custom skin with a dedicated Poco Launcher by default. The handset has already received the Android 9 Pie update. But if you’re a flashoholic and want to taste a new custom Pie-based ROM on your Pocophone F1, here is the guide on how to download and install Havoc OS on Poco F1.
But before going to the flashing requirements and process, you should check out the Havoc OS features and other details as well.
Havoc OS v2.4 Official Build Features
Havoc OS is based on AOSP and inspired by Google Pixel ROM. It has a redesigned material theme-based UI with so many extra features and customizations which you won’t find in any other ROMs. It brings system stability and performance-based user experience with every official stable build.
- Status Bar
- Quick Settings
- Ambient Display
- Navigation bar
- Lock screen
- IME Settings
- Battery Saving
Havoc OS v2.4 Pie ROM Details:
- ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
- Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader & MIUI v8.12.20 Pie
- Based On: Havoc OS AOSP
- Status: Stable
- Created: 2018-12-22
- Last Updated: 2019-04-14
Havoc OS v2.4 Official Stable Build [14.04.19] Android Pie: Changelogs
- Added systemwide adaptive icon setting
- Added mobile data tile icon from Oxygen OS (OnePlus devices only)
- Fixed proximity sensor issues in Dialer
- Fixed partial screenshot
- Music ticker on AOD fixed
- Fixed multiuser icon glitch in QS footer
- Fixed system crash when encrypting from settings
- Merged April security patches
- Added media cover art filters
- Added Browser
- Improved gaming mode tile
Now let’s talk about how to download and install Havoc OS on Poco F1 based on Android 9 Pie.
- This guide and files are only for Poco F1. Don’t try to flash these files on any other device.
- Required a USB cable and a computer to unlock the device bootloader.
- Your device bootloader should be unlocked at first. If not then unlock here.
- Download ADB Fastboot Tool and extract it on your PC/Laptop and install it.
- Take a full backup of your device before starting the installation process.
- Keep your device battery charged at least 60%-70% for a smoother flashing process.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from Developer options via device Settings.
- Download twrp.img file for Poco F1 and copy it on your device.
- Install the Custom TWRP Recovery on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging and Unlock the Bootloader on your device.
- After installing TWRP, you can root your device. (Optional)
Disclaimer! Do it at your own risk. Gadget Headline will not be responsible for any kind of damage or error occurs to your device during following the process. It’s recommended to follow the step-by-step method provided below.
Links to Download:
Please Note: MIUI v8.12.20 Global ROM (Pie) is required to do a clean install for the latest Havoc OS v2.4. You can Download the MIUI-8.12.20.zip Recovery ROM file.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader and Install Havoc OS ROM on Xiaomi Poco F1 Device:
- Open into TWRP recovery mode.
- Tap on Install button and search for the MIUI 8.12.20 ROM file.
- Flash MIUI v8.12.20 Pie-based Global ROM. [DON’T REBOOT]
- Again go to Install option >search and Flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt file also. [DON’T REBOOT NOW]
- Go to Wipe option and select Data, System, Cache then Swipe to wipe. (Your Data will be lost) Necessary step.
- Now, flash the Havoc OS ROM + GApps file.
- Wait for the complete installation > reboot your Poco F1.
- It will take around 10-15 minutes to boot into a new system. Have some patience and you’re done. Enjoy! 🙂
Dirty Flash Method [Faster Way]
- If you’re not coming from the MIUI 8.12.20 Global ROM, flash the stock ROM & vendor at first.
- Now, you can flash Havoc OS and GApps file.
- Reboot your device. Done.