Mafia: Definitive Edition is a complete remake of the 2002 game Mafia. Also, it is the fourth main installment of the Mafia series. Developed by Hanger 13, Mafia: Definitive Edition is the action thriller adventurous game. Unfortunately, some Mafia Definitive Edition players out there are facing the black screen and lagging issues on their system.
As a result, they won’t able to play the game. The game is available on the platform across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam and Epic Game Store. However, it seems that only PC version players are major victims here. So, if you’re also one of them who’re facing the same issues, you’re on the right post.
We’ve successfully managed to provide a simple guide and workaround, that will help you to fix lagging as well as black screen issues. Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Fix Mafia Definitive Edition Black Screen and Lagging Issue
If you’re encountering with black screen issue and some random lagging, you’re not the only one. There might be more than one reason behind this. But don’t worry, just follow the workaround mentioned below.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
- While playing the game, a black screen appears. Now, this is might due to the graphics card driver. So make sure you update the graphics card driver from time to time.
- Also, Nvidia launched its new driver update, so go for the update by downloading it manually from the site and install it.
- The same goes for AMD users if the issue still bothering them even if you’ve updated the driver. Then the driver is bugged for sure, so revert it to the update, you can also take the help of third-party software to uninstall the driver.
2. Try Removing Third-Party Programs from Background
- Also, make sure that there should be no third-party program interfacing with the game. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager and remove everything that you find unnecessary or higher CPU/Memory consuming.
- Once done, try to run the game and check if this works or not.
3. Check Program Compatibility
- The original game was released on Windows XP, so the game might have compatibility issues. If you’re playing the game on Windows 7, just play it on compatibility mode, here’s how you do that:
- Right-click on .exe of the game
- locate the game and right-click on the game executable
- Select Properties > Go to the Compatibility tab
- Select Windows 7 for the Run the program in compatibility mode
- Make sure that the Run this program as an administrator checkbox is enabled
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes
This shall fix the issue, now try to run the game.
4. Try Using Alt+Tab Keys
- An alternate fix also exists. A player has reported on Reddit that the issue is resolved when he clicked ALT+Tab twice. Give it a try, press the ALT+Tab multiple times to see it works or not.
5. Disable Fullscreen Mode
- It also happens that black screen issues encounter on fullscreen mode. So try to disable the fullscreen mode:
- Visit in-game menu > Options
- Disable the Fullscreen Mode > Select Windowed Mode.
- You can again enable the fullscreen mode by pressing the ALT+Enter keys while playing the game.
This should completely fix the Mafia Definitive Edition Black Screen and Lagging issue on your Windows computer.
6. Keep Lower Graphics Settings
- In the end, if nothing is working, try to keep the minimum graphics settings from the in-game menu. Try all the solutions mentioned above and it should eliminate the respective issue completely.
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also follow us on Google News or the Telegram group below for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.