Signal Messenger has shown concrete evidence that the application is secure more than you think. I’m sure that you’ve received an invitation to join Signal, that’s because the Messenger provides privacy exactly as privacy lovers want. You can even create a backup on Signal Messenger and restore them whenever it’s needed. It also supports cross-platform on any device just like WhatsApp and Telegram.
In this article, we’ll be discussing How to Unlock Signal Messenger, and if you’re looking for the same then you’re on the right post. We’ve managed to provide you a simple explanatory guide on how to unlock Signal Messenger, and how to use it. Make sure you go through the article till the end. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Steps to Unlock Signal Messenger
Signal Messenger requires a PIN, password, or Fingerprint authentication just like other applications. Here’s how to unlock the Signal Messenger, and everything you should know.
Unlock Signal Messenger using PIN:
- If you’ve set a PIN to unlock the Signal Messenger, while creating the Signal account, then just enter the PIN simply.
- This will instantly unlock the app.
- Make sure to remember the PIN, because the Signal does not provide a reset or recover PIN option.
- In such a case, you need to re-register for Signal to access your previous data.
Unlock Signal Messenger using Fingerprint Authentication:
- If you’ve kept fingerprint authentication to unlock the app, then just unlock the app by placing the finger on the finger scanner of your phone.
- You may have to do it twice until the app detects the fingerprint correctly.
Unlock Signal Chat Backup:
- While creating a backup, Signal provides a 30 digit passphrase.
- You can’t unlock your chat backup until the correct passphrase is entered.
- Make sure you don’t forget that 30-digit passphrase, take a screenshot or write it on paper so you lose the passphrase.
Now, you can change the Screen Lock by:
- Android: Settings > Security > Screen Lock, chose to keep it.
- iOS: Settings > TouchID or FaceID & Passcode.
Must Read: How to Use Signal Messenger on iPhone
Keep in mind that you can’t change the 30 digit passphrase that you’ve got while creating a backup. Without it, you can’t restore the backup at all.
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group below for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.