The Android 9 Pie update for Redmi Note 6 Pro devices has been started rolling out in beta phases. Xiaomi recently released the MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 9.3.21 on Redmi Note 6 Pro handsets based on Android Pie. This update brings all the goodies of the Android 9 features. If you’re interested in trying the taste of the latest Android version on your Note 6 Pro device, follow the guide mentioned below.
The new MIUI 10 brings a lot of improvements for performance, new notification style, new recent UI, Image search, AI smart assistant, etc. It also brings revamped system UI, nature sound, faster and smoother UI performance than the previous generation MIUI 9. The new OTA update is rolling out to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro device via batches. To get the OTA update, your device should have installed the MIUI Beta version.
The Global Stable version will take some time to roll out gradually within a few weeks or more. You can also wait for the stable release and stable OTA update notification. But if you’re an advanced user or want to get a taste of popular Android 9.0 Pie right now, here is the guide and download links for you.
Meanwhile, you need to know that the latest Android Pie offers so many unique and cool features out-of-the-box. Such as Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive Battery and Brightness, Notification Panel, Recent UI, App Timer, App Slices, and more.
Download MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 9.3.21 on Redmi Note 6 Pro
If you’re running the MIUI Global Beta ROM on your phone, you will soon receive the update notification to download and install automatically. You can also check for the update manually from the device Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update. Otherwise, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps properly.
- MIUI 10 Global Beta 9.3.21 for Redmi Note 6 Pro [Recovery] | Download
Tip: It’s recommended to take a complete backup of your device data before doing anything.
- The mentioned firmware file is only applicable for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro. Don’t even try to flash this ROM on any other device.
- Gadget Headline site will not be responsible for any kind of damage or issue occurs to your phone while following the mentioned process, or using any files.
- First, take a complete backup of your phone via any backup app or TWRP easily.
- Keep your phone battery juice at least 50%-60% charged to skip any occasional shutdown during the process.
How to Install MIUI 10 Global Beta ROM 9.3.21 on Redmi Note 6 Pro
Method 1: (Recovery Method)
- Download the MIUI 10 Global Beta 9.3.21 ROM for Redmi Note 6 Pro Recovery ROM (.zip) file from the above link on your device.
- Save the downloaded ROM file into the downloaded_rom folder of your internal storage of Redmi Note 6 Pro.
- Now, open the Updater app directly from the app menu or go from the System update option from Settings (three dots menu icon on the upper right corner).
- Tap on the menu icon as mentioned above and select the option Choose Update Package.
- Now, find and choose the downloaded ROM file from the downloaded_rom folder from your device’s internal storage.
- Proceed to update and wait for the complete installation process. Once the update process is done, your device will restart into the new system automatically.
- You’re done! Enjoy.
Method 2: (Fastboot Method)
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on your phone via Developer Options.
- Download the latest Mi Flash Tool and install it on your PC/Laptop [Windows].
- Turn off your phone and boot it into a fastboot mode [by pressing and holding the Power button + Volume Down button altogether].
- Now, connect your handset to PC/Laptop via a USB cable.
- Extract the Fastboot ROM file into a folder on your PC which you’ve downloaded from above.
- Now, open the Mi Flash Tool on your computer > copy the extracted file location and paste it on the address bar of Mi flash tool.
- Click on the refresh button to recognize your fastboot device automatically.
- If the Fastboot device added, you will see a device ID listed below.
- Click on the flash button to begin the flashing process.
- Your phone will reboot automatically after the flashing process is completed.
- Now, wait for a couple of minutes to boot into the new system completely for the first time.
- You’re all set to go. Enjoy!
We hope the guide should be easy and helpful to you. If you have any issues or feedback, feel free to comment down below.
- Log in/Sign up to Gadget Headline via email or social profiles.
- Sign up to our daily newsletter list to stay updated.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit.