Watch Dogs franchisee is well known, also the developers Ubisoft Toronto has published its new game this year Watch Dogs: Legion which is an action-adventure game. Just like the previous franchisee of the game, Watch Dogs: Legion is a stunning game with amazing graphics. The game is available on multiple platforms on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, google Stadia, PC, and including on next-generation consoles.
While playing Watch Dogs: Legion, have you ever come across the game lagging or sudden FPS drops problem? If yes, then we’re on the same page. There could be many reasons behind the problem, it could be drivers, outdated GPU drivers, insufficient PC requirements, or even corrupted game files. But no need to worry, we’ve to manage you to provide an explanatory guide that will help you to fix Watch Dogs Legion Lags or FPS Drops problem.
How To Fix Watch Dogs Legion Lags or FPS Drops problem
There is more than one possible solution provided below, stick the guide till the end to eliminate the problem.
Method 1: The major culprit might be your an updated graphics driver. Updating the graphics driver on the latest version, this is the smartest thing to do. Here’s how you can do that:
- Click on the Windows key
- Click and select the Device Manager settings
- Next, click on the arrow located just beside the Display adapters
- Once done, Display Adapter settings will popup > right-click on the dedicated graphics card and select Update Drivers
- Choose the search automatically for the driver option
- If there is a new update available, it’ll automatically download and install the update
- Now, restart your computer and try the game
Method 2: In many cases, performing a power cycle with your PC resolved many lagging or FPS drops problems. Here’s how you can do that:
- Shut down your PC as you do regularly
- Once, your PC is turned-off completely just unplug the power source, for laptop user shut down the device and wait for 30-40 seconds
- After, that now turn on your respective system
- Try to play the game
Method 3: Sometimes, while focusing on other things, we miss out on the network. Check Network Congestion, this might be the reason for lagging while playing the game on multiplayer games online. Here’s how you can fix that:
- If you’re connected to the internet via LAN, restart your computer
- Open any internet browser and go to speedtest.net, and perform a test
- The result will be generated based on your internet connection
- If the arrow is on the est peak more than ms, this might be the reason behind the game’s lagging and FPS drop issue
- Its recommended to contact your internet service provider, that’s the last thing you can do
Method 4: If you haven’t verified the game integrity files, it’s time to do that.
- Visit Epic Games Launcher
- Go to Library, and choose to click on three dots located beside Watch Dogs: Legion
- There you can verify the integrity of game files
Method 5: It’s good that if you’re running the game on DirectX 12, many of the game recommends that. But some players on forums and community mentioned that the issue is resolved when they switched back to DirectX 11. Here’s how to run the game on DirectX11:
- Visit Epic Games Launcher
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down and look for Watch Dogs: Legion
- Click on it and check for the Additional Command Line Arguments
- Input d3d11 > Relaunch the game
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group below for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.
[su_button url=”https://news.google.com/publications/CAAqLggKIihDQklTR0FnTWFoUUtFbWRoWkdkbGRHaGxZV1JzYVc1bExtTnZiU2dBUAE?oc=3&ceid=IN:en” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#32afed” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: newspaper-o” text_shadow=”5px 10px -5px #444f57″ rel=”nofollow”]Follow Us on Google News[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://telegram.me/gadgetheadlinenews” target=”blank” style=”stroked” background=”#32afed” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: paper-plane” text_shadow=”5px 10px -5px #444f57″ rel=”nofollow”]Join Telegram for Tech Updates[/su_button]