Here’s how to set a password on Nintendo Switch, plus some other ways to lock the Nintendo account. You might think of protecting your Nintendo account from unauthorized use. Unluckily, there is no official way to protect your account using password protection. Also, this problem exists with people who don’t want anyone to peep into their accounts. But, thanks to reporting fraudulent activity, the company is now providing some ways to make boundaries around your Nintendo account.
Steps to Add a Password on Nintendo Switch
So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below:
#1 Download Parental Control App for Nintendo Switch
You can easily download and install parental control apps from app stores like Google Play or the Apple App Store. However, it is an unofficial method that relies on switch parental control apps. Follow the steps to download
- Open the respective app store and search the app and install
- Open the home menu on the switch and select system settings
- Scroll down and search for a parental control option
- Click on it and select the device
- Allow Yes
- Here you have to enter the registration code provided by the app. Open the mobile app to get this code
- Now enter the code on the switch and register
- Continue to further process to set up on a smart device
Moving on, this is the important part where you can set the password to lock the Nintendo switch.
- Choose the restriction level setting
- Select the highest restriction. Also, you can add restriction in terms of country or just by age
- Add restriction here by choosing to restrict option
- Save changes by hitting on next button
#2 Set up a PIN
After downloading and logging in to your Nintendo account create a four-digit PIN on the switch parental control apps. Moreover, this makes your Nintendo account secure. But, remember the 4 digit PIN to open your account again.
#3 Switch parental control app
Now here is the most important way to make your Nintendo account secure. Also, you can decide the playtime limit in the Nintendo switch. Moreover, it allows setting the daily time for the gameplay.
Finally, you can turn on the Nintendo switch and connect it to the internet. Open the system settings and merge them into the parental control settings. That’s all! If you follow the above steps correctly you can make the Nintendo account secure by a password.
If you have any queries just mention in the comment section below, till then stay tuned. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.