Telegram is one of the most popular messaging apps today. Millions of people use this app on a daily basis to chat, share data, business, and so on. People use Telegram without hiding their numbers. Anyone can use that number anonymously without letting know by the user. And maybe this is one of the reasons that’s why everyone is not comfortable with this platform. However, if you’re an avid Telegram user and want to hide your mobile number on Telegram then check this simple guide to do it.
A big thanks to Telegram developers for including this unique feature with its new update that offers you to hide your mobile number. Also, the feature allows you to add exceptions making Telegram a more trustful messaging platform.
It’s known to all that Telegram is a chat messaging platform that offers send & receive messages, photos, videos, other files, emojis, stickers, and more. While the new beta version includes video calling feature, etc. Now, without further ado, let’s start the guide on mobile number hiding steps.
Hiding Mobile Number on Telegram
By hiding your mobile number anonymously, you can easily maintain your privacy level as well as your activity. Mostly this feature comes in handy to prevent unknown people to see your contact number if you wish.
Moreover, it hides that you’re using the Telegram platform. Thus, you can use the messaging app secretly without letting anyone know. While the end-to-end encryption also plays a major role than any other online chat service.
By using exception settings you can manage your privacy and decide who can contact you. However, you need to enter a mobile number during making an account on Telegram. Hence, it allows your contact list to access your mobile number when you open your account.
Besides, if you add someone on your Telegram they also see your registered mobile number. But the thing is you can still hide your number by just following some simple steps. It works on both Android and iOS devices.
Steps to Hide your Mobile Number on Telegram
- Launch the Telegram app on your handset.
- Tap on the Menu (hamburger icon) and go to Settings. (For iOS, go to Settings directly)
- Go to Privacy and Security.
- Tap on Phone Number -> Choose Nobody to limit the visibility of your phone number.
- Now, close the app and relaunch it.
Also, make sure to delete synced contacts permanently to clear the contacts cache. To do this, follow the steps below:
For Android device:
- Tap on Menu icon -> Open Settings.
- Tap on Privacy and Security.
- Now, open Delete Synced Contacts for further process.
For iOS devices:
- Open Settings -> Go to Privacy and Security.
- Scroll down for Data Settings and open it.
- Tap on Delete Synced Contacts.
- A pop up will appear that says “This will remove your contacts from the Telegram servers. If ‘Sync Contacts’ is enabled, contacts will be re-synced.”
- Just tap on Delete to remove it from the servers.
So, this is how you can hide your Telegram mobile number. But note that your contacts still can see that you’re using Telegram. And if you don’t want any individual to see your visibility on Telegram, just delete that individual’s number.