Mostly, we prefer a single contact number and a single email id i,e the Google Account for all of our personal use. But in working life, we can’t allow personal ids to mix up with other things. The Google Account or you can say Gmail ID saves all of your data like contacts, SMS, Photos, Music, Videos, Task Memos, activities, locations, everything. Now, if you want to change Google Account on Android or add a new one ID, here is the guide for you.
Adding a multiple Google IDs on an Android device is now quite easy. If you want to remove any of the existing Google IDs from your Android handset, it’s also very easy.
Steps to Change/Add Google Account on your Android
Most of us add all of the Google IDs on Android smartphone/tablet normally. But sometimes it won’t be useful at all for so many users. Only one Google ID is enough for Gmail and Google Play Services or Play Store.
But if you’re dealing with Google accounts or Gmail IDs on a daily basis for both personal and professional use, it will come in handy to add multiple Google accounts. As the users now want to access very quickly via Android phone without any PC/Laptop.
Follow the steps mentioned below to add Google Accounts:
- Launch the device Settings menu > go to the Accounts section.
- Now, tap on + Add account and then choose Google from the list.
- Enter your Gmail ID or Phone Number and tap on Next button.
- Then enter your Gmail password and tap on Next.
- Tap on “I agree” button and you’re done. [You can also read the Terms of Service conditions before sign in]
You will get all the notifications from the default Google account every time unless you change the default Google account on your device. It will override the account notifications such as Gmail notifications.
But you can also switch between the Google IDs from the profile/account section to check out the notifications or use the account as default easily.
Steps to Remove Google ID on Android
If you don’t want to use or access multiple Google accounts on your Android device, you can simply remove the unused accounts.
In order to delete a Google ID or multiple IDs:
- Open the device Settings menu and go to Accounts.
- Tap on the preferred Google account which you want to remove then tap on Remove Account.
Hope you found this article useful and feel free to ask any queries in the comments below.
- Log in/Sign up to Gadget Headline via email or social profiles.
- Sign up to our daily newsletter list to stay updated.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Reddit.