After the successful launch of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and Xiaomi Mi 6X device with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 and 660 Soc, the Chinese tech giant company Xiaomi is now planning for the launch of another device. The new device code name called “Xiaomi Valentino” and it will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 638 Soc. Recently a new device is listed on the Geekbench benchmark score with Snapdragon 638 chip with 6GB of RAM first reported by Gizchina. The Geekbench single-core score is 1485 and the multi-core score is 5440. However, the single-core score is close enough to Snapdragon 820 chip score along with the Crypto score of 895. The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is set for launch in this week.
Xiaomi Valentino Specifications
- Device Name: Xioami Valentino
- Status: Not Announced
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 638
- Base Frequency: 1.44 GHz based on Kryo 260 cores
- Topology: Processor 01, Cores 08
- RAM: 6 GB
- Operating System: Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- User Interface: MIUI 9
- Camera: Dual Rear Camera with LED flash
- Camera Features: Auto HDR, Face Detection Autofocus, Portrait mode, Panorama, AI-Selfie, Beautification mode etc.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2 or above, 3.5mm audio jack, 4G VOLTE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB-C port etc.
- Battery: Unknown
- Other Features: Fast Charging, Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock, Improved App Vault in MIUI 9 etc.
- Sensors: All major sensors will be available
- Price and Availability: Unknown
Xioami now going for the higher Snapdragon 638 processor with this device. This will be the first-ever smartphone to be powered by Qualcomm 638 chip. This is the most likely improved version of Snapdragon 636 Soc. The Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 638 chip is clocked up to 1.44GHz based on Kryo 260 cores. The device will be packed with 6GB of RAM and will run on Android 8.1.0 Oreo out of the box with AI features.
Features and Connectivity
The device will have auto HDR and face detection autofocus lens with portrait mode in camera part. Though there is no information about the camera or battery segment. Still, we can expect it to come with a dual rear camera with a dedicated fingerprint sensor as well. The device will have all major connectivity options such as Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2 or above, 3.5mm audio jack, 4G VOLTE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB-C port with fast charging etc.
A few days ago, Xiaomi released Mi 6X device with Snapdragon 660 Soc in China and another budget segment smartphone Xiaomi Redmi S2 will also launch on May 10 with Snapdragon 425 chip. That means the Xiaomi Valentino device will at the end of July or mid-August in this year. So we have to wait for the announce of other specifications and price tag.
Stay tuned for more info. Let us know in the comments about your expectations and opinions. For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadget Headline on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our newsletter for daily updates.