Xiaomi Redmi Y2 launched in India today on June 7 with Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC. The Xiaomi Redmi S2 launched recently in China with the same specifications and Redmi Y2 is the Indian version device. We can say that Redmi Y2 is the successor of the previous generation Redmi Y1 smartphone. Though Xiaomi has provided the older generation hardware, the overall look and feel are new due to the 18:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display.
The device is featured with 16MP AI camera with AI Selfie, face unlocks, AI Beauty mode. The device doesn’t support dual 4G LTE standby. The 16MP AI camera has f/2.0 aperture lens, auto HDR, AI portrait selfie with nice edge-detection support. The device is available in three colors such as Dark Grey, Gold, and Rose Gold.
The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 comes with dual rear camera of 12MP and a 5MP sensor. The AI featured face unlock and rear-mounted dedicated fingerprint sensor is quite fast and accurate. The Indian unit, Xiaomi Redmi Y2 comes with dual SIM card and a dedicated MicroSD card slot. The front camera has a LED flashlight for beautiful selfie shots even in low light condition.
Xiaomi Redmi Y2 Specifications
- 5.99-inch IPS 18:9 aspect ratio display
- Resolution 1440 × 720 pixels, 269 ppi density
- Corning Gorilla Glass Protection, 2.5D Curved Glass
Weight & Dimensions:
- 170 grams
- 160.73 x 77.26 x 8.10mm
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chip
- 14nm FinFET Technology Octa-core based
- 2.0GHz ARM Cortex-A53
- Adreno 506 GPU
RAM & Storage (Price):
- 3GB RAM & 32GB Internal Storage (Rs.9,999)
- 4GB RAM & 64GB Internal Storage (Rs.12,999)
- Primary 12MP camera, f/2.2, 1.25µm, PDAF
- Secondary 5MP camera with Gyro-EIS, Phase-Detection autofocus, LED flashlight
- Geo-Tagging, auto HDR, Panorama, AI-Portrait mode, Time-Lapse feature, Object Tracking.
Rear Camera Video:
- 1080P @30fps
- Slow Motion video
- 16MP AI Selfie camera, 2.0µm, HDR, Portrait mode, AI-Selfie, AI-Beauty, Beautification 2.0 mode, Face Unlock feature, LED flash.
- Dual 4G VOLTE SIM support (Not Dual Standby)
- Dedicated MicroSD card slot (Dual SIM + MicroSD card slot)
- MIUI 9.5 with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box
- Non-removable Li-Polymer 3,080mAh battery
- 5V-2A, 10W charging
- 4G VOLTE
- Bluetooth 4.2, Bluetooth A2DP, LE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- 3.5mm jack
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- IR Blaster
- MicroUSB 2.0
- The dedicated Fingerprint sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Magnetometer, Gyro, Ambient Light, Proximity sensor etc.
- Face Unlock
- FM Radio
- Three colors. Gold, Dark Grey, and Rose Gold.
- Amazon India and Mi India Online Exclusive from June 12th, 2018.
So, these are the specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Y2 smartphone. All the features and specs are the same as Xiaomi Redmi S2 device. The 3GB/32GB variant is priced at Rs 9,999 while the 4GB/64GB variant of the Redmi Y2 is Rs 12,999. The device is available in three colors – Dark Grey, Gold, and Rose Gold. The Xiaomi Redmi Y2 will go on sale on Amazon.in and Mi India online store exclusively from June 12th, 2018.
What do you prefer? Would you buy this device with the same old processor or Redmi Note 5 is still a better option? Comment down below.