The Motorola One Power smartphone launched in India today on September 24 with Snapdragon 636 processor to compete the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro device. The Motorola handset is claimed to be manufactured in India with Android One platform by Google. That means the device will get three years of security patch updates and two years of latest Android upgrades as well from Google.
However, Motorola itself announced that the device will get the Android 9.0 Pie upgrade soon by the end of 2018. The Lenovo-owned brand Motorola also mentioned, “the company will turn 90 years old brand tomorrow. Now the company will enter the Internet World, Cloud System, and AI (Artificial Intelligence) technology. Motorola also mentioned that the Xiaomi’s new Poco F1 device doesn’t support HD video streaming on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video platforms. But the new Motorola One Power device has Widevine L1 License which supports online HD video streaming.
Motorola One Power Handset Overview:
- 6.2-inch Full HD+ LTPS IPS LCD notch display with 19:9 ratio and 1080 × 2280 pixels resolution.
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Android One programme (Upgradable to Android 9 Pie in 2018).
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC, Adreno 509 GPU.
- 4GB RAM + 64GB internal storage (Expandable up to 256GB via dedicated MicroSD card slot).
- 16MP+5MP dual rear camera with LED.
- Rear camera supports 4K video recording @30fps, 1080P @60fps (No EIS support).
- The front camera has a 12MP sensor.
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz+5GHz), Bluetooth V5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio etc.
- P2i water-repellent nanocoating with Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- 5,000mAh battery with 15W Motorola TurboPower Charging adapter.
- Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light, Accelerometer, Gyro, Magnetometer, E-compass, and Fingerprint sensor (rear).
- Triple slot (dual nano-SIM + MicroSD card).
- Moto Display and Moto Actions – shortcut toggle features.
- Color Option – Black.
- Measures – 76 mm × 156 mm × 8.98 mm and weighs 205 grams.
- Price – Rs.15,999 (INR).
Motorola One Power Specifications and Features
The Motorola One Power features a 6.2-inch LTPS IPS LCD Max Vision panel with a 19:9 aspect ratio set up. The display comes with a wider notch style with a resolution of 1080 × 2280 pixels and 403 PPI. The screen is covered with 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass protection. The device is powered by the 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC coupled with Adreno 509 GPU (clocked @430 MHz). It comes with the 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage with the 256GB of expandable storage.
The handset sports a dual rear camera of a primary 16MP sensor (f/1.8 aperture and 1.12µ pixels) with the secondary 5MP sensor (f/2.2 aperture and 1.0µ pixels) set up. It does have dual LED flash, PDAF, HDR, Portrait mode etc. The rear camera supports 4K video recording @30fps and 1080P videos @60fps without any stabilization support like EIS. While the front features a single 12MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture lens, 1.25µ pixels, and a single selfie flash.
The device also includes connectivity features such as Dual 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth V5.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4GHz+5GHz Wi-Fi (dual-band), USB Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio etc. The phone is packed with a huge 5,000mAh battery with a 15W fast charger called Motorola TurboPower Charging which can deliver 6 hours of battery life within 15 minutes of charge. It runs on the Android One platform over Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box pack. The phone measures 76 mm × 156 mm × 8.98 mm and weighs 205 grams.
Motorola One Power Price and Availability in India
The Moto One Power device is priced at Rs.15,999 in India for the single 4GB/64GB (Black color) model. The handset will be available online via Flipkart exclusive and the first sale will start from October 5 at 12:00 PM. The device will also available at offline market and Moto Hub in India. You can go to the given Flipkart link and provide email id to get notified before sale. The buyers can also get some bank offers and discounts over credit cards and no-cost EMI options as well.