Finally, the Motorola Moto G6 Plus handset launched in India after the Moto G6 and Moto G6 Play model. The Lenovo-owned brand Motorola introduced a mid-range specification handset with a higher price tag in the Indian market. In such a competitive market in India, that’s a big question for survival. However, the Moto G6 Plus smartphone features a decent specification but in terms of the price point, it losing the market seriously. According to the existing Motorola handset users, the company doesn’t start rolling out the Android Oreo update to most of the devices yet.
Motorola Moto G6 Plus Specifications and Features
- 5.93-inch FHD+ Max vision IPS LCD display (resolution 1080×2160 pixels)
- 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Features P2i water-repellent nano-coating
- Android 8.0 Oreo (Stock Android), Upgradable to Android 9 Pie
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 chipset
- Adreno 508 GPU
- 6GB of RAM
- 64GB of internal storage, a dedicated MicroSD card slot (expandable up to 128GB)
- Dual rear camera – primary 12MP sensor with f/1.7 aperture (78-degree lens)
- Secondary rear camera – 5MP sensor (79-degree lens)
- Dual tone dual LED flash at the backside
- Front camera 16MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture lens, wide-angle lens, selfie flashlight
- Dual Nano-SIM, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz/5GHz), GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, Dolby Surround Sound, USB Type-C port, NFC, a 3.5mm headphone jack etc.
- The front-facing Fingerprint sensor, Gyro, Ambient Light sensor, Proximity, Compass, Hall sensor etc.
- Typical 3,200 mAh battery with Motorola Turbo Power fast charging feature
- Color: Indigo Black only in India
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 75.5 x 7.99 mm
- Weight: 165 grams
The Moto G6 Plus sports a 5.93-inch FHD+ Max vision IPS LCD display with an 18:9 aspect ratio and 1080×2160 pixels resolution. The display is protected with the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and it does have the P2i water-repellent nano-coating feature as well. The handset runs on pure stock Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box and promised to receive the Android 9.0 Pie update very soon by the company. The dual Nano-SIM packed Moto G6 Plus device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 SoC paired with Adreno 508 GPU along with 6GB RAM and 64GB onboard storage variant. The single model does have a dedicated MicroSD card slot which can be expandable up to 128GB.
Under the hood, the phone features a dual rear camera of a 12MP primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture lens and a secondary camera of a 5MP sensor with the 79-degree lens along with a dual-tone dual-LED flashlight. The front features a single 16MP selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture lens and the wide-angle lens for group selfies. It does have a selfie flash on the front as well. The Moto G6 Plus includes connectivity features such as 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C, NFC, a 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio etc. Whereas, the device features all the necessary sensors including the front-mounted Fingerprint sensor.
The Moto G6 Plus battery capacity is 3,200 mAh and it supports Motorola Turbo Power charging facility. The device is available in Indigo Black color and measures 159.9 x 75.5 x 7.99 mm. The weight of this handset is 165 gram which is quite balanced in terms of the device size.
Motorola Moto G6 Plus Availability and Price in India
The Moto G6 Plus handset is available from September 10 onwards via Amazon India exclusively at a price tag of Rs.22,499 for the single 6GB/64GB variant. The device will also be available at Moto Hubs and Motorola’s offline retail partners from the same day. There are some instant cashback and discount offers available for Paytm Mall customers and Reliance Jio users. Buyers will also get no-cost EMI options from Bajaj FinServ on Amazon India website.