Apple just dropped the latest iOS 14 Beta 7 and iPadOS 14 Beta 7 for all the compatible iPhone and iPad beta users. The new beta 7 released one week after seeding the beta 6. This time, Apple comes with new changes and resolve bugs for users. However, the beta system is intended for testing purposes or for advanced users.
The beta 7 releases ahead of the release of iOS 14 stable to the public this fall. Additionally, Apple has also released tvOS 14 Beta 7, wathchOS beta 7 this week. There are a variety of features and updates included in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14. While beta 7 only offers bug fixes and other system improvements.
Some of the new features include App Library for better management, language-translation tool, improvements in Safari and Messages, widgets for the iPhone home screen, and many other smaller changes. Additionally, Apple has also released new builds of macOS Big Sur Beta 6.
The firmware update is rolling out to its devices via OTA and users should receive the update notification as well. However, if in case, you’re not getting an update notification, then do the following steps.
Steps to Download iOS 14 beta 7 and iPadOS 14 Beta 7
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Go to “General”.
- Tap on “Software Updates”.
- It will automatically check for available software updates. (Internet connection should be turned on)
- Now, select “Download and Install” as ‘iOS 14 Beta 7’ or ‘iPadOS 14 Beta 7’ as shown in the image below.
- It will ask you for the device passcode. Enter the passcode and the download process will start.
- The device will require a restart for installing software updates once the download completes.
Note: Make sure to create a backup for the iPhone or iPad to iCloud before installing software updates. (especially for beta versions)
Sometimes people get curious about the beta release and try to figure out new updates. However, we recommend you wait until Apple will make its move to release the stable public version for more stability.
- iOS 14 Beta 6 Developer and Public version releases
- iOS 14 Beta 5 and iPadOS 14 Beta 5 releases
- 30 Hidden Features of iOS 14 that you should know
- iOS 14 Beta 4 released – What’s New?
The beta system is less stable or reliable than a final version. Therefore, beta versions are likely to be tested for developers and some of the advanced users to get an early taste of it.
If you are willing to take risks, we recommend you run beta software on your secondary Apple devices which will be less critical. According to Apple, iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 will be released soon to the stable version.
To recall, the most stable non-beta software is currently iOS 13.7 and iPadOS 13.7 for iPhone and iPad.
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.