Just a week after the release of Beta 5, Apple has dropped the latest iOS 14 Beta 6 and iPadOS 14 Beta 6 officially for the iPhone and iPad beta users. The developer beta usually rolls out first and is soon followed by the same build arriving as a public beta release. The new firmware update is around 500MB including the build number 18A5357e.
Additionally, Apple has also rolled out new beta builds of watchOS 7 and tvOS 14 as well. No doubt that Apple is following the schedule of a week or two to release new updates for the beta build. In this article, you will get to know about what’s new in beta 6 iOS 14 and steps to install the update. So, let’s get started.
What’s New in iOS 14 Beta 6?
The new beta 6 is mostly focused on bug fixing and small changes in the interface. So, let’s explore what is new in it.
- You can be able to know that your phone is using a microphone for a call placed over the cellular network and Wi-Fi network.
- The Airplane mode indicator now correctly shows the right status in the Settings app.
- Attached encrypted APFS volume appear in the sidebar in the Files.
- A new splash screen appears when you open Maps for the first time.
- More tweaks to the time picker, it now shows the scrolling wheel to set time in an outlined look.
- Accounts in the Mail now requires re-authentication.
- You can create new untitled documents in document-based apps from an app document browser.
- Senders name received in mails is now highlighted in blue color.
- Airpods Pro users can see a new toggle called “Spatial Audio” feature. To enable it, open Settings -> Accessibility -> Airpods. (Applicable for Airpods Pro only)
- Misaligned or clipped layouts for certain languages are fixed.
- There are no blank widgets.
- In-App Library, the “Lifestyle” category has been merged with “others”. Also, some apps also moved to different categories.
- 30 Hidden Features of iOS 14 that you should know
- iOS 14 Beta 4 released – What’s New?
- iOS 13.6.1 and iPadOS 13.6.1 are live
- How to Block Websites on your iPhone (Easy Ways)
Steps to Download iOS 14 Beta 6 and iPadOS 14 Beta 6
To enroll in the beta program, you can check this guide. Once registered into the Apple Beta program, follow the below steps to check for updates.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General -> Software Updates.
- Choose Download and Install if there is a new update available.
- Once done, it will automatically reboot your device into the new system. It may take some time to boot your device. Have some patience.
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.