Apple has now jumped on the latest iOS 14 Beta 5 which is ready to test by the developers. The latest beta 5 build is now available for all iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. As you know the recent release of iOS 14 Beta 4 brought new features like new widgets, COVID-19 exposure notification, along with some bugs fixes, and other improvements. But this time, Apple has slightly changed the game of UI on beta 5.
So you can expect to get more new features including improvement of Spotlight search for a better experience. Not only the Alarm interface to set timer has changed, but also it seems that Apple is now focusing on other sides rather than privacy & security measures.
In this article, we’ve managed to provide you a simple briefing on how you can install the iOS 14 Beta Profile on iPhone and iPadOS 14 Beta Profile on your iPad easily. So, let’s get started.
What’s New – iOS 14 Beta 5
Apple has released this Beta 5 build after almost two weeks from the release of 4th iOS 14 Public Beta. Beta 5 includes some of the noticeable changes which are mentioned below.
- Widgets also ask users to grant location access
- Account view in App Store and iTunes Store shows Game Center ID & available Credit
- Clock wheel made a comeback when editing times in the Clock app
- The hidden photo album can be hidden from the Photos app
- Enables COVID-19 Exposure Notifications in Settings with new onboarding screens
- Calendar widget offers a lighter background in Dark Mode with larger text
- The News widget gets an extra-large size
- Photos can be removed from the ‘Featured Photo’ in the Photos app
- Fixed AirPods Pro phone call bug
- Screen Time also prevents to use widgets from which apps are blocked already
- Shortcuts have new onboarding screen
- Developer Settings option for testing App Clips
Read More: iOS 13.6.1 and iPadOS 13.6.1 are live
Download and Install iOS 14 Beta 5 & iPadOS 14 Beta 5
If you’re already on the Beta 4 and haven’t received the latest Beta 5 update yet, then we will suggest you wait for a day or so until the OTA update notification arrives.
However, if you are still on the iOS 13.6 public stable version and want to get a taste of the beta build for the first time, then you will need to download & install a beta profile.
Just head over to the official Apple website and download the beta profile. Next, install the profile and check for the update within a couple of minutes.
For the beta users, the update is available through OTA that you can check from the Settings app. Now, let’s follow the simple steps to install the beta profile.
Install the Apple Beta Profile and Sign Up for Beta program
- Launch the Safari browser on your handset. (Recommended to use Safari)
- Visit the official Apple Beta Software Program site.
- Tap on ‘Sign up’ -> Now, select the correct OS for your device. (For example: iOS for iPhone, iPadOS for iPad)
- Scroll down and tap on Enroll your iOS device.
- Now, tap on ‘Download Profile’ to install the profile.
- Once downloaded, head over to the Settings app.
- Here you will find the ‘Profile Downloaded’ option.
- Tap on it and follow the on-screen prompts -> Install the Beta Profile.
- Next, simply reboot your device after installing the Profile.
- Finally, you can go to Settings -> General -> Software Update to install iOS 14 Beta 5 on your iPhone or iPadOS 14 Beta 5 on your iPad.
So that’s it. Let us know what you like in the latest iOS 14 Beta 5 and iPadOS 14 Beta 5 in the comment section below, till then stay tuned.