Nowadays, smartphones come with more flexible storage options, you will get to choose the storage option ranging from 16GB to 512GB for iPhone. Most people usually don’t keep the data in well-organized order. As a result, this data is consumed heavily by various types of files, if you’re a photogenic person as a photo collection grows, you might notice that Photos & Camera consumes most of the iPhone storage.
In this article, we’ll be discussing how you transfer your iPhone photos to your Mac. If you’re looking for the same thing, then don’t worry because we’ve got you covered up. Just follow the simple explanatory guide that will help to Sync your iPhone photos to your Mac in different ways. Without further ado, let’s gets started.
How to Sync iPhone Photos to your Mac
To Sync the photos from iPhone to your Mac, then users need to do the following.
1. Transfer the Photos through The Photo App
This is an easy way than another method that exists to transfer the photos from iPhone to Mac using the Photo App.
- Connect the USB cable to iPhone and MacBook
- The Photo app will automatically detect your Mac. You can use short keys like Cmd+Space to click on the app’s icon located on your doc
- Look for your iPhone name and it might take just a moment to show images
- To import the photos, visit the dropdown menu, you can add the photos to the library to create a new album
- Click on “Import All New Items” to transfer or save the photos to your Mac. You can select a few photos if you want
- Click on “Import Selected” to import all the photos from iPhone to your Mac
2. Transfer the Photos through AirDrop
Airdrop is very helpful to transfer the files from iPhone to Mac, open the finder located at the top left corner > search for Airdrop > click on “Allow me to discovered by” > select Everyone. Ensure to connect iPhone and Mac over the same Wi-Fi.
- Visit Photo app on iPhone
- Click on “Select” located at the top-right corner
- Choose the photos that you want to transfer, use a checkmark to ensure that the photo is selected
- Click on the “Share icon” located at the bottom of the screen and select “Airdrop”
- Select your MacBook’s name, a popup window will appear > click on “Accept” and “Save to downloads”
3. Transfer Photos using iCloud
iCloud is a perfect way to access your photos on any device, it stores the photo on the cloud and you can download them whenever you want. 5GB of space is free on iCloud, changes are needed to increase the space on iCloud.
- Visit Settings on iPhone
- Search for Photos
- To sync your gallery on your iCloud toggle on iCloud photos
- Click on Upgrade Option if the storage is running out to upgrade your storage capacity
To set up iCloud Photo Library on your Mac:
- Visit the Photo app
- Click on “Photos” > “Preferences” located in the menu bar located at the top of your screen
- Sign in to your iCloud
- Enable iCloud Photos to access it
4. Transfer Photos using other Cloud Storage options
Just like iCloud, there are other cloud storage options exists that will help you to save the photos or transfers the photos over any device.
- OneDrive: This allows you to store 5GB free space, Microsoft 365 subscribers can access up to 1TB of storage. Just download the OneDrive applications on your iPhone and access them.
- Dropbox: The free space can be accessed only 2GB, but you can get more storage options at affordable prices, access them to sync your iPhone pics to your account.
- Google Photos: This service offers up to 15Gb of storage options and you can upgrade the plan according to the paid plans. Just download the Google Photos app on iPhone > enable the backup options > upload the photos and access them whenever you want on any device.
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group below for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.