Xiaomi has started rolling out MIUI 10.2.1.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi Y1/Redmi Y1 Lite devices. While the Chinese variant Redmi Note 5A Prime and Redmi Note 5A models also receiving this OTA update. Therefore, it could take some time to receive the firmware upgrade notification worldwide. Meanwhile, you can also download and install MIUI 10.2.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi Y1 manually. Just follow the given steps to install.
The new MIUI 10 brings a lot of improvements for performance, new notification style, new recent UI, Image search, AI smart assistant etc. It also brings revamped system UI, nature sound, faster and smoother UI performance than the previous generation MIUI 9. The new OTA update is rolling out to the Xiaomi Redmi Y1 device via batches.
Download MIUI 10.2.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi Y1
The new MIUI update build number is MIUI 10.2.1.0 NDKMIXM for Global Stable version is rolling out via the official OTA. It brings so many system improvements and general bug fixes but still running on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. It also brings the updated security patch based on the device UI version.
Once the OTA will be available for your device IMEI series, you will soon receive the update notification to download and install automatically. You can also check for the update manually from the device Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update. You can also download the MIUI 10.2.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi Y1 phone easily.
MIUI 10.2.1.0 for Redmi Y1 [Recovery] | Download[alert type=”info” icon-size=”normal”]Tip: It’s recommended to take a complete backup of your device data before doing anything.[/alert]
- The mentioned firmware file is only applicable for the Xiaomi Redmi Y1 phone. Don’t even try to flash this ROM on any other device.
- Gadget Headline site will not be responsible for any kind of damage or issue occurs to your phone while following the mentioned process, or using any files.
- First, take a complete backup of your phone via any backup app or TWRP easily.
- Keep your phone battery juice at least 50%-60% charged to skip any occasional shutdown during the process.
How to Install MIUI 10.2.1.0 Global Stable ROM on Redmi Y1
- Download the MIUI 10.2.1.0 for Redmi Y1 Recovery ROM (.zip) file from the above link on your device.
- Save the downloaded ROM file into the downloaded_rom folder of your internal storage of Redmi Y1.
- Now, open the Updater app directly from the app menu or go from the System update option from Settings (three dots menu icon on the upper right corner).
- Tap on the menu icon as mentioned above and select the option Choose Update Package.
- Now, find and choose the downloaded ROM file from the downloaded_rom folder from your device internal storage.
- Proceed to update and wait for the complete installation process. Once the update process is done, your device will restart into the new system automatically.
- You’re done! Enjoy 😀
Hope the guide should be easy and helpful to you. If you have any issue or feedback, feel free to comment down below.