Redmi Note 4 is one of the most popular and budget segment custom skinned Android devices by Xiaomi. The device was so much popular and appreciated by users especially in India. After the launch of this device, Xiaomi became Top selling smartphone brand in India as well. The device was launched back in 2017 in India. Now, you can install Pixys OS for Redmi Note 4 Custom ROM based on Android 9 Pie. Pixys OS is a quite smooth & fast UI, AOSP-based Custom ROM, and stable as well. It comes with so many unique and stock features and minimal customizations for the users.
Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 4 is still one of the best and widely used Android devices based on the Custom ROMs. Most of the Custom ROMs are available and compatible for the Redmi Note 4 officially whether it may be Android Oreo or Android Pie. Pixys OS is one of them. Meanwhile, you can install LineageOS and Pixel Experience ROM as well on Note 4 handset.
Android 9.0 Pie Features:
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th generation OS for Google Android version. The new and latest Android 9 Pie Stable OS brings so many features in terms of the Android 8.0 Oreo version.
The Android 9 Pie brings Swipe Gesture Navigation, New Quick Settings UI, New Volume Slider, Adaptive Battery and Brightness, Digital Wellbeing, App Slices, App Timer, etc.
Pixys OS ROM Features:
Battery icon customization
- Portrait, Circle, Dotted circle, Text & hidden battery icon styles
- Hidden, Next to the icon & inside the icon battery % styles
- New charging animation Added to Battery Manager from Pixel Devices
Display settings customization
- Font size customization with the percentage
- Toast App Icon (Quick Shortcut)
- Lock screen Charging Info (Toggle support)
- DTS (Status Bar) (Toggle support)
- Added 21 Accents
- Dark Theme added
- Black Theme added
Sound settings customization
- Shortcut to prevent Ring added (Volume Up + Power)
- Screenshot-Sound (Toggle support)
- Charging Vibration (Toggle support)
Security settings customization
- Auto Face Unlock (Quick Shortcut)
- Fingerprint Authentication Vibration (Toggle Shortcut)
- DTS on Lockscreen (Toggle Shortcut)
Button settings customization
- Media Playback Control Volume rocker (Toggle Support)
- Volume rocker wake (Toggle Support)
- Volume key cursor control
- Clear All Button
- Navigation bar (Quick Shortcut)
- Navigation bar customization
- Pixel ringtones
- Power menu customization
- Battery light customization
- Lock screen shortcuts
- New Wallpaper supported
- OTA Updates support
Read More: How to Download and Install Pixys OS for Moto G5 Plus [Android Pie Custom ROM]
Pixys OS v2.x Pie ROM Details:
- Source Code: github.com/pixysos
- ROM OS Version: 9.x.x Pie
- Firmware Kernel: Linux 3.18.71
- Based On: AOSP
- Status: Stable
- Current Stable Version: v2.4
- Stable Release Date: 09-26-2018
- Last Modified Date: 2019-03-20
- It’s highly recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing this ROM.
- You should skip restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup as this can cause some stability issues with your device.
- This guide and files are only for the Redmi Note 4 device. Don’t try to flash these files on any other device.
- Take a full backup of your device before starting the installation process.
- Keep your device battery charged at least 60%-70% for a smoother flashing process.
- Install the Custom TWRP Recovery on your device.
- Enable USB Debugging and Unlock the Bootloader on your device.
- After installing TWRP, you can root your device. [Use Magisk 14.0 or above]
Disclaimer! Do it at your own risk. Gadget Headline will not be responsible for any kind of damage or error that occurs to your device during following the process. It’s recommended to follow the step-by-step method provided below.
How to install Pixys OS on Redmi Note 4 [Steps]
- Download the ROM and GApps from the links above.
- Copy both the files on your device storage (Internal/external).
- Switch off your Redmi Note 4 device then press and hold the Volume Down + Power button together for a few seconds to enter in TWRP Recovery mode. [Follow the guide for TWRP – same process]
- You will enter into the TWRP Recovery Menu.
- Now, go to the Wipe option > Select System, Cache, Data, and ART/Dalvik cache > swipe to confirm wipe.
- Back to the main TWRP menu and tap on the Install button.
- Search for the downloaded ROM file destination and select the firmware file.
- Swipe to confirm flash and wait for a few minutes to complete the installation process.
- Now, go back again to the home screen and select Install. Search for the GApps file from the storage and confirm flash again.
- Flash the root file according to your choice. (Optional)
- After a complete flashing, tap on Reboot Now option.
- It will take around 10-15 minutes to boot for the first time.
- You’ve successfully installed Pixys OS ROM on your Redmi Note 4.
- Enjoy! 😀