Almost every Android user has done the factory reset their smartphones at least for once in their life. That’s quite usual and obvious as well. It’s better to perform a factory reset your Android device in order to fix all the performance-related issues. Here is the simple and step-by-step guide on How to do a Factory Reset LG G8 ThinQ device easily.
You need to know that performing the factory reset on your phone will clear all of your device internal data [such as documents, media files, apps, and more]. So, it’s a better idea to keep a full backup of your device(s) internal storage before doing anything. Meanwhile, your SIM Contacts and MicroSD card data will remain intact.
Steps to do a Factory Reset LG G8 ThinQ [via Settings]
The following steps are the easiest and simplest option for an Android device user. You don’t need any extra technical knowledge to do this job. Head over to the LG G8 ThinQ device ‘Settings’ and then go to the ‘General’ option and choose the ‘Restart & reset’ option.
Now, select the ‘Factory Data Reset’ and then confirm the ‘Reset phone’ option. Select ‘Delete All’ option after Reset and your device will restart itself which will revert back to factory defaults.
Steps to follow:
- Open the LG G8 ThinQ device Settings menu.
- Select the General option > choose the Restart & Reset option.
- Choose the Factory Data Reset option.
- Tap on the Reset Phone option > tap on Delete All option.
- That’s it. Now, you’ve successfully set factory defaults on your phone.
Steps to do a Factory Reset LG G8 ThinQ [via Recovery Mode]
For instance, if your LG G8 ThinQ device has been frozen and you can’t perform any task on your phone, do a clean factory reset via the Recovery Mode. Follow the steps mentioned below:
Steps to follow:
- First, Switch off your LG G8 ThinQ handset by long pressing the Power button.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- Release the Power button but keep holding the Volume Down button when you will see the LG logo. Then press and hold the Volume Down button again.
- Now, release both the keys once the Factory Data Reset screen will show up.
- Use the Volume Down key to navigate to the Yes option.
- Finally, press the Power button to confirm and start the reset process.
- Wait for the task and reboot your device. [1st boot will take time quite longer]
Hope you found this article useful and feel free to ask any queries in the comments below.