HMD Global announced another mid-range all-rounder device called Nokia 7.1 in London on October 4. The company also launched two wireless earphones called Nokia True Wireless Earbuds and Nokia Pro Wireless Earphones. The Nokia 7.1 is the successor of the last generation Nokia 7 device in terms of the specifications and price. The Google’s Android One assures the update consistency of Android version for two years and security patch updates for three years.
Design and Display Overview
The new Android One platform based Nokia smartphones come with the all-glass design, notch display, and 19:9 aspect ratio screen. The nicely designed all-glass body, an aluminum frame with comparatively smaller notch and chin area looks and feels great in hands. So, all who wants a nice good looking and compact phone this device will blow your mind. The white colored device does have the golden finish outline on the edges, camera module, and fingerprint sensor. The Nokia branding on both sides looking gorgeous as well.
The Nokia 7.1 comes with a 5.84-inch Full HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio ‘PureDisplay’ LCD panel with a smaller notch. It features a 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3 protection, HDR10 support, and the resolution of 2280×1080 pixels. Nokia also claimed that the PureDisplay feature can automatically turn the SDR content into HDR compatible in real-time.
Nokia 7.1 Specifications
The device is running on stock Android 8.1 Oreo-based Google’s Android One platform which can assure users frequent security patch and guaranteed Android updates at least for two years. The handset is powered by the octa-core 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC coupled with the Adreno 509 GPU. The device comes in two variants such as 3GB/4GB of RAM and the 32GB/64GB internal storage. The storage can be expandable up to 400GB via a hybrid dual SIM slot.
The phone this time sports a Zeiss lens coupled with a dual rear camera of the 12MP+5MP sensor as a primary and depth sensing. The new Nokia series devices come with the vertical dual rear camera setup which is placed on the top-middle position just before the rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. The rear cameras include True Life HDR, Bokeh effect, Pro Camera mode, Livestream option, and Bothie mode with a LED flash. On the other side, the front features a single 8MP AI selfie camera.
The Finnish company has promised that the device will get Android 9.0 Pie update in November this year. It does have connectivity options like Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Dual-Band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz+5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS+, GLONASS, Type-C port, a 3.5mm audio jack with Nokia OZO technology, and NFC. The Nokia 7.1 is packed with a 3,060mAh battery with the fast charging support as well. All the necessary sensors are available in this device including Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock, Gyro, Ambient Light, Proximity, Magnetometer, e-compass etc. It measures 149.7 x 71.18 x 7.99mm and weighs 160 grams.
- 5.84-inch (2280 x 1080) PureDisplay LCD notched panel, 19:9 aspect ratio display.
- 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3 protection, HDR10 compatibility, Auto Convert SDR to HDR.
- 1.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 636 chipset based on Kryo 260 CPU with Adreno 509 GPU.
- 3GB/4GB RAM and 32GB/64GB internal storage with expandable storage up to 400GB.
- Dual rear 12MP primary sensor with 1.28µm pixels, f/1.8 aperture.
- Secondary 5MP sensor with the f/2.4 aperture for depth sensing.
- Zeiss optics, dual PDAF, HDR, Portrait mode, Pro mode, EIS support.
- Single 8MP f/2.0 aperture front-facing camera.
- Stock Android 8.1 Oreo with Android One platform (Android 9 Pie coming in November).
- 3.5mm audio jack, Nokia OZO, Rear-facing fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS+, GLONASS, NFC.
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 71.18 x 7.99mm.
- Weight: 160g.
- Dual SIM slots (hybrid slot).
- 3,060mAh adaptive non-removable battery with fast charge support.
- Colors: Gloss Midnight Blue, Gloss Midnight Steel.
Nokia 7.1 Price and Availability
The device will be available in two color options like Gloss Midnight Blue and Gloss Steel. The device will be available for sale in the UK and European market later this month at a starting price of €299 ($343 approx). That means the Indian price will start around Rs.25,000 approx. There is no official announcement for the actual Indian price and availability, so we have to wait for it.