Serious Sam 4 is a first-person shooter game, developed by Croteam. The game supports four-player online co-op for both main missions and side quests, though there’s no cross-play between PC and Stadia. The Collection arrives with several classic multiplayer modes including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag, as well as a stand-alone survival mode. Some players are reporting that they’re encountering with Serious Sam 4 Crashing and Won’t Launch problem.
It’s known to all that most of the PC games always come with multiple issues that contain bugs, stability issues, errors, and more. Serious Sam 4 is no exception here and it seems that multiple players are encountering several bugs while launching or playing the game. Luckily, you don’t need to worry as we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds below that should resolve the particular issue.
Why Crashing and Won’t Launch issues are occurring in Serious Sam 4?
Crashing issues are quite normal nowadays, and there could be more than one reason that could exist that is causing problems.
- Serious Sam 4 works only on Windows 10 operating system. Also, make sure your Windows 10 is updated to its latest version.
- Update Serious Sam 4 to its latest version, the older version might consist of bugs.
- Serious Sam 4 needs specific hardware to run the game on a PC, so the requirements of the game must be met.
- Outdated GPU drivers also cause crashing and stuttering issues.
- Make sure that third-party software should not oppose the game files like Discord, or MSI Afterburner.
- Make sure to check that the CPU is not overclocked, if it is, then reverts CPU’s clock to normal speed.
How to Fix Crashing and Won’t Launch Issue of Serious Sam 4
Fixing the Crashing and not launching issue in Serious Sam 4 is might complex then you think. There’s more than one solution mentioned below, so try them. Stick till the end and follow the guide.
Restart The Game
Restarting Serious Sam 4 is the major thing you can do, this will fix some random bugs. If you’re playing the game on Steam, then it’s recommended to restart the Steam Client.
Reboot your PC
If restarting the game is not working, then you can perform a power cycle on your computer. Sometimes it happens that your PC runs for an extended period of time, in those situations, it’s better to reboot your PC once. To do that:
- Simply turn off your PC completely
- Remove the power plug, and wait for 30-40 seconds
- And then start your PC
Check for Updates
New games need some time to settle, developers are of course in touch with these kinda issues. But it’s our job to make sure everything is updated to its latest version. Make sure the following things are updated to its latest version:
- Third-party programs or software
- Drivers including GPU and Graphics drivers
- Windows operating system
Close Background Running Apps
Multitasking is the reason that your game is not running as it supposes to be. There are various applications that are running in the background, this can affect the game. The following things can interface in-game files:
- NVIDIA GeForce Experience
- MSI Afterburner
- Xbox Game Bar
- Steam Overlay
Close all the high memory or CPU consuming processes that are running in the background from the Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) and restart your PC.
Repair game files (fix Serious Sam 4 Crashing and Won’t Launch issue)
Corrupted game files can lead to serious issues. If there are damaged game files located in the folder that is causing opposition to run the game. Use the repair tool in Windows to repair the game files, here’s how can do that:
- Press the Windows button
- Search for Serious Sam 4
- Right-click on Serious Sam 4 application > select App settings
- Click on the Repair button
The same goes for steam users, repair the game using the Steam repair tool.
Check the game requirements
Your PC must be capable to run Serious Sam 4. Besides this, you can check your PC’s hardware to make sure it’s meeting the minimum system requirements of the game.
Minimum system requirements for Serious Sam 4 (Steam version):
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: 4-core CPU @ 2.5 GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 780/970/1050 or AMD Radeon 7950/280/470 (3 GB VRAM)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 42 GB available space
What if nothing works?
If the solution mentioned above did not work, then the last thing you can do is to reinstall Serious Sam 4. Do it from scratch, it will take time but this will eliminate the errors and bugs.
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group below for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.