No doubt that PlayStation 5 is a beast gaming console that allows you to let 4K graphics gaming right on your 4K TV. In terms of design, that beautiful white box with blue neon lightings looks gorgeous. Talking about its controllers, DualSense is advanced from the previous DualShock controller. The console is new, not even arrived in India so obviously, it will take some time to settle. Meanwhile, some of the unfortunate PS5 users are encountering the CE-108255-1 ‘Something went wrong with this game or app’ error.
PlayStation 5 users are facing unknown issues, that are letting games and applications not only crash but also forced them to close. This is known as the PS5 CE-108255-1 error. It indicates the error message that says “something went wrong with this game or app”. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Fix PS5 CE-108255-1 ‘Something went wrong with this game or app’
Thankfully, there’s an official solution is exists by Sony. The solution is simple, users need to delete the existing data and re-install it from the scratch, and then rebuild the console to the respective console database in PlayStation 5 Safe Mode. To do this:
Rebuild Your Database
You’ll need to boot your PS5 console in the Safe Mode to Rebuild its Database. To do that:
- Press and hold the PS button on your controller > Select Power and choose to Turn Off PS5.
- Once the console turned off completely, make sure to connect your controller to the PS5 using a USB cable. This is required because the Bluetooth connectivity may not work in the Safe mode.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PS5 console until you hear two beeps in a few seconds to boot it in Safe mode.
- After the second beep, you can release the Power button and wait for the ‘Safe Mode’ menu to display on the screen.
- Now, you can select ‘Rebuild Database’ from the list.
- Select ‘OK’ to start the rebuild process.
Make sure that this process may take a couple of hours depending on your data storage. So, have some patience until it gets completed.
- Your console will automatically get restarted and the PlayStation logo will appear.
- Next, you should see a progress bar showing on the screen that indicates the rebuilding phase of the database.
- Once the process is complete, your PS5 console will reboot into the system again.
This process should fix the PS5 CE-108255-1 ‘Something went wrong with this game or app’ issue completely. However, if this doesn’t help you, follow the next method.
Delete and Re-install Games and Applications on PlayStation 5
- Visit PlayStation 5 home screen.
- Highlight the required applications or games.
- Choose to press the Options button.
- The list will appear > choose the “Delete” option.
- Visit “Game Library” through the home screen.
- Find the required game > select the game > select the “Download” option.
Once done, make sure to restart your PS5 console to check if the PS5 CE-108255-1 ‘Something went wrong with this game or app’ has been fixed or not.
Still, the PS5 CE-108255-1 ‘Something went wrong with this game or app’ error appearing? Well, if the solutions mentioned above don’t work out for you. then it’s recommended to restart the console before deleting and re-installing the game or application again. In the end, nothing works out, contacting PlayStation Support is the last thing you can do.
That’s it for now. You can comment below for your further queries or your experiences. Till then stay tuned for more info. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group below for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.
[su_button url=”https://news.google.com/publications/CAAqLggKIihDQklTR0FnTWFoUUtFbWRoWkdkbGRHaGxZV1JzYVc1bExtTnZiU2dBUAE?oc=3&ceid=IN:en” target=”blank” style=”3d” background=”#32afed” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: newspaper-o” text_shadow=”5px 10px -5px #444f57″ rel=”nofollow”]Follow Us on Google News[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://telegram.me/gadgetheadlinenews” target=”blank” style=”stroked” background=”#32afed” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: paper-plane” text_shadow=”5px 10px -5px #444f57″ rel=”nofollow”]Join Telegram for Tech Updates[/su_button]