Xiaomi devices are famous for their polished, customizable UI. While the newly released MIUI 12 skin has set a new benchmark in terms of its user interface, fully loaded options, improved features, and more. You might know that software plays a vital role than hardware. Similarly, it’s not necessary that a higher megapixel count is the only factor to capture stunning images. The image processing, AI algorithm, and the camera app also offer a significant role. If you also feel that your Xiaomi device isn’t capable of capturing awesome images even after having multiple camera lenses, then you can download the Google Camera 7.4 for Xiaomi Devices (MIUI 12).
However, it’s not like that the MIUI stock camera app isn’t good but Google Camera app has a couple of additional cushions for the users like stunning Night mode, Portrait mode with Lens Blur, Google Lens integration, PhotoSphere, Advanced options, HDR+, HDR+ enhanced mode, etc. The Gcam app will let you capture images in detail and with a better dynamic range.
Google Camera 7.4 Features
Gcam 7.4 has many features that are better and more compatible with the device. The features of Gcam 7.4 is as follows:
- Dual Exposure and Raw photos
- Auto-detecting low-light
- Super Res Zoom
- Dual exposure controls to adjust brightness and HDR of the photo.
- 8x zoom for videos on Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL
- Quick toggle option
- Smart burst
- Night sight
- HDR+ and HDR+ enhanced
- Lens blur, wide-angle, photosphere, portrait, and Panorama
- Quick switching between photo and video mode.
- Motion Photos
- Astrophotography Mode
- Sharing menu
- Frequent faces to capture Top-Shot photos
- “Touch” and “Hold” on the shutter button to capture photos in the default camera mode.
So basically, these features are not present in the stock camera app of the Xiaomi devices in full working mode. Therefore, Google Camera 7.4 for Xiaomi Devices is recommended to try at least. We’re pretty much sure that you won’t regret it at all.
Download Google Camera 7.4 for Xiaomi Devices (MIUI 12)
The great news is you don’t need to root some of the Xiaomi devices, as it already has Camera2API support. You may find many other ports working on, but Gcam 7.4 APK Mod files by Nikita and Gcam7.3 by Urnyx05 are stable ports and works fine on the device. For further files, you can visit this link.
How to Install Google Camera for Xiaomi Devices (MIUI 12)
- After you downloaded the Gcam APK, go to device Settings > Enable Unknown Sources from Privacy/Security.
- Now, Install the Google Camera APK file from the downloaded folder on your device.
- Allow app permission if needed.
- There you go!
- Download Google Camera 7.5.107 APK (Android 11)
- Download Google Camera 7.2 APK for Samsung Galaxy M31s (GCam 7.2)
- Google Camera for Moto G8 Plus (GCam 6.2) – Download
- Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy Phones (Snapdragon and Exynos)
List of Xiaomi devices compatible with Gcam 7.4:
- Mi 9 Lite/ Mi CC9 (pyxis)
- Mi Mix 2S (Polaris)
- Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro (raphael)
- Redmi 6 Pro (sakura)
- Mi 8 SE (Sirius)
- POCO X3 (Surya)
- Mi Note 10 Lite (toco)
- Mi Note 10 / Mi CC9 Pro (tucana)
- Xiaomi Mi 10 (umi)
- Mi 8 Explorer Edition (ursa)
- Mi 10 Youth Edition / Mi Note 10 Lite Zoom (vangogh)
- Xiaomi Mi CC9 Meitu Edition (vela)
- Redmi Note 7 Pro (violet)
- Xiaomi Redmi S2/Redmi Y2 (ysl)
- Redmi K30 Pro / POCO F2 Pro (lmi)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G (merlin)
- Mi 10 Lite 5G (monet)
- Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (nitrogen)
- Mi Mix 3 (Perseus)
- Redmi K30 4G / POCO X2 (phoenix)
- Redmi K30 5G (Picasso)
- Xiaomi Redmi K30i 5G (picasso48m)
- Mi 8 Lite (Platina)
- Mi Mix 3 5G (andromeda)
- Redmi 9C (angelica)
- Redmi 9C NFC (angelican)
- Xiaomi Redmi 10X (atom)
- Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
- POCO F1 (beryllium)
- Redmi 10X Pro (bomb)
- Mi 10 Ultra (cas)
- Redmi 9 India (cattail)
- Mi 9 (Cepheus)
- Redmi K30 Ultra (cezanne)
- Mi Mix 2 (Chiron)
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro (cmi)
- Mi 9 Pro 5G (crux)
- Redmi Note 9S/ Redmi Note 9 Pro (India)
- Redmi 9A (dandelion)
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 / Mi 9T (DaVinci)
- Mi 8 (dipper)
- Mi 8 Pro (Equuleus)
- Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (grus)
- Mi Note 3 (Jason)
- Redmi 9 (Lancelot)
- Redmi Note 7/ Redmi Note 7S (lavender)
If you’ve any queries or thoughts, feel free to mention in the comment section below. You can also follow us on Google News or Telegram group for real-time notifications whenever Gadget Headline publishes any post.