Google this year surprising us with all of the new features and developments. Mostly, the machine learning and Artificial Intelligence is now taking the whole world with its power and efficiency in the technology field. This year Google I/O 2018 started with the Android P and Google Assistant features and so on…
What’s New in Android P
Google released the Android P developer first preview in March 2018 and within a month, it changed a lot. Yesterday in the Google I/O 2018 event, the company announced the Android P officially. Here are few key features mentioned below:
- Adaptive Battery optimization to improve juice life
- AI-powered adaptive auto brightness feature
- The next task prediction by App Actions
- New screen navigation for one-handed multi-tasking with gesture support
- The inbuilt App Timer and App Stats will let you know how much time you spent per app.
- Fewer Notifications with integrated category list drop down feature
- Screenshot editing
- Smart App Search results integration
The Android P beta version can be installed in below mentioned seven flagship devices and see the instruction details of flashing the beta ROM as well:
- Google Pixel devices (Pixel, Pixel 2)
- Essential Phone
- Sony Xperia XZ2
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Nokia 7 Plus
- Vivo X21 / X21 UD
- Oppo R15 Pro
- OnePlus 6 (whenever released)
The OnePlus 5 and 5T will get the Android P update at the end of 2018 or in early next year.
Except all of these key features Google also integrated Google Photos, Google News feed, Google Lens with AI features. Gmail also taking the lead with new machine learning system that quickly detects the next words or lines as a shortcut or templates so you can easily write or type the text what you need. The smart assistance feature enables the auto-suggestion (auto-complete) words or lines for better user experience.
The tech giant company also announced yesterday at the Google I/O 2018 event that the Google Research is now named as Google AI. The CEO Sundar Pichai says that the machine learning and Artificial Intelligence will be the future of technology. The AI can also detect, predict, and improve the health issues with better diagnosis system much faster as expected.
There is so many assistant software like Google Assistant in the market such as Amazon Echo, Apple Siri, Microsoft Cortana, Samsung Bixby etc. But the Google Assistant feature is now more powerful and integrated with AI machine learning technology that can do tricks and tweaks with so ease. Here are some improvements and key features listed below:
- Google Assistant now can speak 6 different languages including John Legend
- Thanks to the Google Duplex system, to experience lifelike conversation
- Ability to perform two actions at the same time on a single command and continued conversation
- This can train manners to your kids to be polite including conversation
- LG already includes the new Google Assistant feature in some of their smart TVs
- YouTube will come with Smart Displays
- Fully customizable Google Routines or tasks
- Make order placements by a single command with Google Assistant by Android phone
- JBL soundbars now integrated with Android and Google Assistant
- Voice-activated Google Assistant will feature ‘Ask Whirlpool’ command
- Time to forget smart speakers, Smart Displays will take the place
- Google Assistant will feature all the smart home appliances in its smarter way
Other Announcements in Google I/O 2018
The Google I/O 2018 will feature so many things to do in our daily life in a coming few months. Here are the improvements and features you will see in your apps and settings very soon:
- Google Maps now can text your friends when you will arrive as per locations and traffic information
- Google Maps can create shortlist and a virtual guide could appear in future with AR
- The street view navigation will be a fun with customization (fox guide)
- Google Photos will suggest actions for you
- Google News feed delivery will suggest and show you a refined list based on your activity
- New Google Lens will come with camera apps includes smart text selection and suggestion
- Google tour Creator will make own VR stories for schools
- Google Developing Lookout App offers to access and audit the objects, texts, and even the people around for the VH (Visually Handicapped) users.
Till then stay tuned to the Gadget Headline and our Google I/O for latest updates. For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadget Headline on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our newsletter for daily updates.